Friday, August 8, 2008

Week One Complete!

Today Peg completed her 5th "dive"...one week down, about 7 more to go! In the middle of today's treatment, she began to feel some of the Herx reactions coming on. For about 20 minutes, it was an endurance test for her, and when she completed the dive, she was feeling very weak and drained.

I drove Peg into Ventura today, so it was good that she could just rest on the way home. By the time we got home, she was feeling a bit better. She just rested, and is feeling pretty good this evening. We expect the Herx reactions to come on fairly strong, reaching a peak in the next week or two, and then they should begin to subside. Peg was in good spirits today, recognizing that the Herx's are an indication that the Lyme bacteria is being killed off. It reminds us of a Marines T-shirt that says, "Pain is weakness leaving the body." In this case, that saying is literally true.

Today's dive was to 2.2 atmospheres...we should reach our goal of 2.4 atmospheres on the next dive, and then we will continue at that level. Peg will rest up this weekend and resume her HBOT sessions on Monday.

Thank you all for your continued prayers. If you have any questions that you would like me to address, you can add a comment to this blog.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

- 2 Cor 12:9,10 (NIV)

No comments: